Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Pregnancy Post

I kept such a detailed journal of my pregnancy with Hans..and I'm feeling a little guilty as time has flown this time around with Baby Rowan and I've documented very little.  This pregnancy has been such a surprise from the get-go. I found out that we were expecting 5 days after Justin deployed- you can imagine that phone call!  There was a lot of laughter and joy involved.


Due Date? May 1, 2012.  I am 29 weeks as of tomorrow.
Morning Sickness? Yes. I wasn't sick a single day with Hans but sweet Rowan has been a stinker!  I finally started feeling good and energetic around week 20. I would've bet $$$ that this baby was a girl but Ha!
Weight Gain? I'm the size of a dolphin and a whale.  I have gained 30 pounds but let us keep in mind that I was 23 pounds heavier at this point with Hans soooooo...I win.
How am I carrying? Low, very low.  Hans was swinging from my ribcage and Rowan is head down and playing my bladder like a drum. It's all good.
Aches and Pains?  I'm gettin' old. I don't know how Gay (my mother) did this into her 40's! I'm so crickitty crackity at night...it's just sad.
Cravings?  TACO SALAD (every day please), wings, seafood, blackberries, whole milk, pineapple, black olives, sherbet, caffeine free diet pepsi (and I'm a Diet Coke girl!!!!!!!!) and Twix.
Emotional? I'm so tenderhearted these days. I was so chill with Hans and now, I will cry so fast your head will spin. 
Does Hans know what's about to go down? Yes and no.  He's all about the babies anywhere we go, but it'll be a challenge once Rowan's here (as he's had Momma's undivided attention for nearly 3 years). Justin and I are so happy that Hans is getting a little brother. It's just what our high-energy mancub needs. 

We can't wait to meet this precious Rowan who is so active and spunky.  How did I get so lucky?


1 comment:

  1. It's always interesting to see how siblings will act when Baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete